How to Know if you are a Victim of Family Violence

How to Know if you are a Victim of Family Violence

Anger, jealousy, money lessness, scandal about child-rearing, alcoholism, long-standing mutual intolerance – the reasons may be different, each family is unhappy in its own way according to markham family lawyer.

The dispute escalates with each increase in tone, the exchange of insults in seconds becomes physical aggression. The pain of trauma can go away faster, but the frustration, fear, and loneliness of the victim remain forever.

The shame and anxiety of maintenance, home and childcare causes many women victims of domestic violence to put up with the torment of constant harassment.

Who will protect victims from re-assault and ensure their security in the future? Who to contact for psychological support?

A Domestic Violence Protection Act protects the rights of victims of domestic violence regardless of gender or age. The law states which actions are treated as physical abuse and which actions are treated as emotional and mental abuse.

In addition to beating and physical assault, threats of weapons, obstruction to leave your home, refusal of medical assistance, if necessary, at the moment, are also perceived as physical violence. The boundaries of emotional and mental abuse are more blurred, but they certainly include insults, ridicule, humiliation, and manipulation of the victim. Threats to health and life fit into both columns.

Image result for How to Know if you are a Victim of Family Violence

It is important to note that mental and emotional abuse against a child is considered to be any violence committed before his or her eyes – even if it is not directly harassed.

If you are the victim of a beating, you can call for help. Before sending teams, operators ask a few clarifying questions about the circumstances. Upon arrival, the police will detain the abuser if they find that he is a threat. In the meantime, you need to see a doctor to identify the injuries and issue you a medical certificate that will allow you to file your complaint with the police.

Even if you did not immediately alert the authorities, you have one month from the act of domestic violence to have your medical certificate issued and your complaint filed. For example, a brother, sister or relative can do it for you – a parent, grandmother or grandfather, for example. You do not owe any fees for filing the complaint.

If your partner mentally harasses, threatens, or abuses you without engaging in physical violence, they will ask you to detail your complaint in order to adequately assist you in filing a complaint with the MI. You may not want to provide a current address because of fears of persecution – then you enter one in the address field of the Social Assistance Directorate.

You also provide the perpetrator’s details, including the callable address and telephone number.

From then on, the District Court, at its permanent or current address, will consider the complaint and assess whether and what remedies it will require within one month of receipt of the complaint.

Get our contact information from 2FindLocal and BrownBook.